View Single Post
Old December 5, 2002, 12:44 PM   #11
Poodleshooter

Here's the ridiculous part: Virginia's fire code allows for 15# of powder. That's a little low, but still manageable. Here's the catch- only 1,000 primers are allowed at one time [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]??? I see people buying 5k primers at VA shows all the time. Are we supposed to reload for only 1 type of weapon at a time?? I certainly tend to doubt that the thousands of reloaders in VA keep only 1k of primers in their houses! That's only the state regs-the state code grants communities the right to create more stringent regulations! It really pisses me off that some idiot can make these rules w/o ever consulting anyone in the practice, but I suppose that's par for the course.
Warning to those out there who think that the NFPA found in the reloading books is the end all of regulations: It isn't!
As for checking my local regs- I have no idea where to find them, and asking the fire marshall is like a big flashing sign reading "Come arrest me for building violations!"

Page generated in 0.04010 seconds with 8 queries