View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 10:23 PM   #11
GeoP

@armored. Thank you, Yes that is also a good idea. Keep on mind these are all additional ~$800 costs over my need for one home defense weapon.

But I would mostly like to focus on getting some data on how many other jurisdictions there are in which this occurs.

Seems to me a public case can be made of an irony. Over-strong gun laws, which gun control advocates think limit firearms, in DC force homeowners owners to buy and keep multiple firearms to satisfy legal and safety requirements -- even if they would only wish to have one.

By gun control advocates' views, more legal firearms are a per se danger to the public. Either immediately or over the very long term due to eroded accountability. Yet the way the law is constructed it works against their stated position of less guns

There is also the issue of helping future gun owners from my own experiences and the knowledge firingline members may have. Let's say I can find someone on the council who would offer a tweak to fix this narrow issue. I'd at least like to offer DC council firearms law staff experts some suggestion based on the most data. So I'd like to find supporting analogies in other states if there are any

Page generated in 0.01993 seconds with 8 queries