View Single Post
Old January 29, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

lets revisit that most important of accesories... the gun belt

no matter your choice of full sized auto, or medium or large frame revolver, generally a good belt is thought of as one of the most important accesories...

I've been dragging my feet on buying a dedicated holster belt... but think I'm now ready to buy one...

this question is specifically for those who have tried a couple kinds, & found one they think is dramatically better than the rest...

what is the brand ???

what makes it better than the rest ???

how long & how much do you use it ???

I've been trying to get by with heavy & extra heavy work belts, Cabela's jean belts, & heavy leather & leather & web layered Carhartt work belts... they all seem to work for the 1st 6 months, then the leather ones ( both single heavy hide, & glued & sewn layer leathers ) seem to stretch out & loose there shape... I have a pretty nice Carhartt web & leather layered belt, & while the length of the belt is still great, the buckle & holed tip seem more stretchy that a normal leather belt, so it retains it's shape, but requires me to tighten it more than comfortable, to hold tight a heavy gun, because of how stretchy the ends are...

if your favorite is a "lined" belt, what did the maker use for a lining that helps it retain it's stiffness & shape ???

... & where did you get it, & aproximate cost ???

thanks

Page generated in 0.02348 seconds with 8 queries