View Single Post
Old April 20, 2010, 01:45 AM   #17
Doc Hoy

Troy,

Hawg and Mykeal have been doing this longer than I have. Hawg is right when he says the explosion of a flask in your hand is not the kind of event that lends itself to a redo.

I admit that my attitude toward the issue is a little odd when you consider how careful I am with other aspects of shooting. I don't shoot with others partially because I think two people is twice as dangerous as one. Had I witnessed it as Mykeal describes I might do things differently. I don't see the use of a flask as foolhearty but I can't explain why. Who knows? Maybe from now on, I will swab out the chambers each time I fire them and before I reload. This would not be the first time I learned something from Hawg or Mykeal...which is the most important thing about this forum.

So you, as a new-to-black-powder guy inquired about accessories and I said that I use a flask and pour the powder directly into the chamber including a chamber which has been fired five minutes ago. If you decide to do that as well, do so only after you understand completely what can happen and how to do it in a way that reduces the risks.

Page generated in 0.06261 seconds with 8 queries