View Single Post
Old January 19, 2008, 11:27 PM   #24
T. O'Heir

Well, having met some of the 'big name' IPSC shooters/celebrities at Second Chance, only two(other than Dick Davis) stand out as the least bit friendly or classy. Ayoob is one. Miculek the other. Not one of the rest of them would even talk to the other shooters.
Mr. Ayoob sat down with myself and my buddy one afternoon and attempted to start a conversation. We were kind of shocked/awed and didn't say a word. My much belated apologies to Mr. Ayoob.
The next year, my buddy beat Mr. Miculek in a man on man shoot off(long before he set the records). Mr. Miculek had his hand out in congratulations before my buddy knew he had won.
"...acquire a "them and us" mindset..." So do cops. Mind you, up here at least, most cops can't shoot worth beans. Most don't shoot for recreation and they don't want to.
Teaching anything technical requires a great deal of patience. It's very easy to forget that your students don't know the terminology or that they're there to learn it. Any instructor who yells and hollers shouldn't be teaching anybody, anything. Especially to neophytes.

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries