View Single Post
Old March 23, 2019, 11:05 PM   #44
4V50 Gary
Staff

I carried a Sig P220 in 45 ACP starting about 1991 or 1992. Being southpaw, I liked the lack of a manually operated safety and could easily manipulate the decocker with my forefinger. The magazine release was switched but I found it easier to use the index finger to release the magazine.

On the first night of the King Riots, I heard that there was someone running around with molotov cocktails two blocks from me. At that point and at the first chance I had I removed the two spare magazines from my locker and carried them in my pocket (so I have five total). After the Riot I acquired a new mag pouch that would accommodate all four spares or forty-one rounds of 45 ACP goodness.

Great old gonne and very accurate. In one class we had to fire one shot for accuracy and I outshot an instructor at TSJC who had tuned his 1911.

In the old days Sig would sell its 8 round magazine follower to upgrade your seven round magazine to eight. They also would sell floorplate with rubber bumper pads. Nowadays they won't sell parts to rebuild a magazine anymore. I learned all this this past Monday when I tried to order a new (internal) extractor for an old Sig. Could not buy anything from Sig. No magazine parts, no extractor (which they want installed by their custom shop for $105).

Now as for CCW, it depends on how big you are or how loose your clothes are. Are you in a place where a vest will conceal it or do you need to wear a loose jacket? What clothing is acceptable in your area that helps you to remain the grey man?

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries