View Single Post
Old May 8, 2007, 09:35 AM   #20
newerguy

First off, the government can now conduct an investigation into a violation of the GCA (possessing unregistered machineguns) without any problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacture has alreadly released a list of sales to the ATF, either as part of an informal deal to get the ATF to back off of them, or because they are going to have to account for the "machineguns" they manufactured.

I'd worry about the AFT knocking on my door if I had one of these things, and if I can't produce the spring (because of disposed of it in an unauthorized way), I worry about satisfying them that I did in fact get rid of it. There very well may also be a federal law governing the destruction of machine guns. I'm not sure. My state does regulate the disposal of firearms (handguns and NFA weapons).

As far as suing the feds for this classification, they have soverign immunity for one thing, and the regulatory process they go through to classify firearms very well may meet "due process" requirements, just like passing a law making something illegal would do.

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries