View Single Post
Old May 16, 2016, 07:22 PM   #1
rjinga

My “Red Dawn” Target

I found this image (full body) while doing a Google search. I liked it because the rendering wasn’t super crisp and defined. I also liked that the figure was standing in a bladed firing position, instead of directly perpendicular with his arms out to his side. I thought both of those characteristics made it more realistic.

I couldn’t find anyone who sold the actual target so I saved the image, started playing around with it, and ended up with this full-size (I think) rendering on 11 x 17 copy paper. It’s 11 x 17 because that’s as big as my local UPS Store plain paper copier goes. However, I did get 25 targets for only $3.75.

FYI - the image does sharpen the farther you move away. And, after about 5 – 6 yds, you can’t (well, at least I couldn’t) really see the rectangles or triangle either. I like that (not being able to see the shapes while firing) because from what I’ve read, and been told by those who’ve been there, enemy soldiers don’t come with aiming focus shapes on them anyway. Wolverines!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11126-35-Action-Target-Body1.jpg (70.4 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on wall.jpg (57.9 KB, 195 views)

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 9 queries