Thread: New CCO
View Single Post
Old February 17, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1
KyJim

New CCO

I picked up a Dan Wesson CCO a couple of days ago and took it for a short session at the range today. For those not familiar with them, they come in .45 acp and have an aluminum alloy frame that is officer length (one round less) and a forged slide that is commander sized (4.25 inches).

I have some other DWs and this pistol met every expectation I have for DWs. Crisp trigger, shoots where I point it, and nicely finished. I like the fact the butt is rounded or bobbed which will help shirts and similar covering garments from hanging on it.

I just put about 110 rounds through it, all FMJ. All went well until late in the session when I had one failure to feed. It was completely user induced. I slammed a mag home and caught the pad of my pinky finger with between mag and frame. When shooting, I noticed it was bleeding and changed my grip to keep from bleeding on my new gun. That caused the FTF.

All in all, I'm pleased so far. I'll put some more rounds through it, including hollow points, and then use it a regular carry gun.

The CCO with my other DW 1911s:

The DW with my other two CCO-sized pistols, a Baer in the middle and Sig at the bottom. I'll still carry the Baer but use the Sig as a backup.

Page generated in 0.03155 seconds with 8 queries