View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 08:45 PM   #129
briandg

Forged.

You start at "possible" and go to "probable" dismissing the element of uncertainty and acting on judgment

A drawn gun, finger on the trigger,threat of death, when and where does this go from possible to probable,and then to the supposed certainty that is being demanded in many of these posts?

"I think that this guy is about to be seriously injured, maybe killed during this attack. I'd better wait until I'm a hell of a lot more certain that his head is going to pop off."

Quote:
A person may, subject to the provisions of subsection 2 of this section, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she reasonably believes such force to be necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful force by such other person,
Keywords:

Reasonable belief (no mention of probable,certainty)
force to be necessary to defend a third person from what he or she reasonably believes (a unlawful attack or injury. (Doesnt restrict the definition.)

the use or imminent use of unlawful force by such other person, (there doesn't even have to be an attack in progress, as long as the "reasonable person" has "reasonable belief" that someone is about to criminally attack another.

"the extent he or she reasonably believes such force to be necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person "
Now, this law doesn't even address disparity of force. "Oh, my God, he has a broken bottle and he's gouging at the other guys carotid artery, but all I have is my pistol, I should probably not do anything yet." Use necessary force.

This information was copied from the statute. I am reasonably interpreting them, they're pretty simple and clear.

So, once more, get a copy of these laws for your state and understand them.

If you would prefer to not do so, not get involved,let someone else get a serious beating while you debate with yourself that is your choice and a choice that only you own.

Understand the laws of your jurisdiction, and simply put, this has become unnecessary now. Everyone here should just spend their time reading and carefully considering applicable laws and leave it at that.

Page generated in 0.02444 seconds with 8 queries