View Single Post
Old November 3, 2008, 08:34 PM   #9
T.A.Sharps

I agree with peetzakilla,

g.willikers
I'm curious as to what you have for a smooth bore shotgun, and what you have for a rifled barrel sabotgun?

What groupings are you getting with your smooth bore?

How many different types of ammo have you tried through your rifled barrel sabot gun? This can be very important, my first experience with a rifled barreled sabot gun was horrible, due only to me not testing different ammo to find the right one.

Beyond that, I would have to assume you have something wrong with your gun, or something is not secured right. Or your sight system is flawed in some way. Loose scope rings maybe? The recoil of a shotgun is enough to jolt a scope.

The difference is not between the type of sights.

I can get .43" groups at 100 yards with my unmodified 45/70 Marlin lever action, with commercial ammo, and only iron sights.

A gun will group the same no matter what sight is on it, if someone can't hold a gun steady while pulling the trigger with one sight system, another won't do anything for them either. Too many people will assume it is the gun's fault.

Last edited by T.A.Sharps; November 3, 2008 at 10:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.02037 seconds with 8 queries