Thread: 922r compliance
View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 08:47 AM   #2
Webleymkv

I'm guessing that any 922(r) charges you might find would most likely be in addition to other charges. It would take a pretty close examination of a firearm, fieldstripping at the least, to distinguish between a 922(r) compliant weapon and a non-compliant weapon. About the only way that I can see the authorities going to that much trouble would be if the weapon were already siezed for something else to begin with.

Also, it seems to me that a 922(r) violation would be fairly difficult to prove. While most so-marketed compliance parts are marked "made in USA" or something to that effect, original foreign-made parts are often completely unmarked. It seems to me that it would be very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that an unmarked part is not U.S.-made.

Finally, I very highly doubt that all that many LEO's are out looking for 922(r) violations in the first place. Outisde of gun enthusiasts, 922(r) is a fairly obscure law and I'd be willing to bet that a good number of LEO's aren't even aware of its existence. Not only that, but it's a rather silly law too and, even among LEO's who are aware of it, I'd be willing to bet that only the most rabidly anti-gun cops can't find more serious crimes to worry about.

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 8 queries