View Single Post
Old September 29, 2018, 09:37 AM   #18
buck460XVR

I have a coupla guns that are hard to find parts for. A Model 1897 Winchester shotgun and an original Ruger .44 mag carbine. While I shoot both from time to time, it's not often. I actually hunt turkeys with the '97 a coupla days each year. When the time comes when there are no parts for either they will be delegated to the wall, since both have deep sentimental value to me. I have already replaced them with firearms of a more recent manufacture, that work just as well, if not better for what I want. As for my revolvers, if and when they break and parts are no longer available, I have no problem replacing them with newer manufacture models, that also will work just as well if not better. No different than my motorcycles and my cars/trucks. Just what happens when you use stuff. In my experience, the initial cost of a firearm is amortized over the number of rounds put downrange with it and they all have a finite lifespan. While some firearms have more intrinsic and esthetic value than others, new firearms generally out-shoot older firearms. Nuttin' last forever, it is what it is.

Page generated in 0.03465 seconds with 8 queries