View Single Post
Old November 9, 2016, 01:15 AM   #20
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Yes the idea was to outfit the SD9VE as an assault weapon.
But what bothered me allways was the flex of the plastic frame wondering what if it breaks considering the whole real estate on it.

I saw the Sig P250, it is reasonable priced and it's frame can be exchanged as well.

What about the SIG Sauer P250 9mm Luger?
If flexing or breaking the polymer frame is a concern, why don't you look at an alloy-framed gun? If it's not a CARRY weapon, weight isn't a big issue. That said, I doubt you'll shoot enough or stress the frame of any polymer gun (unless there's a manufacturing defect) to ever have the frame break or tear. They're just not that flexible or fragile. They flex when you shoot them -- which helps make recoil more tolerable -- but they'll lock up firmly for each shot.

Why not look at an alloy-framed gun -- like the Beretta 92 or any number of SIGs? (SIG even offers a frame-like accessory for it's semi-auto P-series guns that is, in fact, a shortened stock. That accessory might be a problem in the US, but it might not be a problem in South America.)

I think you need to get a clear picture, in your mind, of what and how you're going to use the weapon. What you've done with the S&W is almost self-contradiction. Trying to do anything similar with the NANO or the SIG P250 is likely to be a waste. Having a gun with a fire control module that can be used with other frames is an interesting concept, but I suspect it's a greater value to the gunmaker than to the gun user.

Page generated in 0.02186 seconds with 8 queries