View Single Post
Old October 19, 2013, 09:23 PM   #1
GunXpatriot

The "Better" 7.62x39 Ammunition?

So I bought an SKS a while back and haven't gotten too much chance to shoot it. This steel-cased stuff seems to be alright (Tula) although, I hear those come from the same company, or at least some do. I also have some (I believe it is quite old) steel cased Sellier & Bellot FMJ, which I don't think is in existence anymore, or at least not in this form.

What I would like to know is, what is the "better", higher grade 7.62x39 loads? Ones that are still reasonably priced and are not "under-loaded", like I hear Wolf (TulAmmo?) Is. I haven't actually shot the old S&B stuff, so I wouldn't know, but from your experience, what were the better/hotter brands to buy?

I've heard Wolf Military Classic I believe it's called, is a step up from their "regular" stuff and TulAmmo.

I hear Golden Tiger is good stuff as well, and is more accurate than the lower grade rounds, as well as being sealed for better resistance to moisture, or so I hear.

So besides Golden Tiger, what would be "the stuff" to look for over the generic "low-grade"?

Steel cased is fine, I mean, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for brass-cased, just want stuff that works. I'll save brass for if the desire to hunt with the SKS comes up. Thanks a lot, guys.

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries