View Single Post
Old October 16, 2000, 11:44 PM   #1
Kaliburz

Harley (and anyone else who has info),

I'm trying to dig up some info on this pistol: Colt All American 2000. So far this is what I know:

Colt made a double stack 9mm, DAO pistol. First ones had an aluminum frame and rest had polymer frames. It had a trigger mounted on roller bearings and a rotating bolt(?) like a M16/AR15. Colt only produced them from 91 to 93.

I don't know about the rest, but on other forums (1911forum.com), people have said that there was reliability problems. The trigger had a heavy pull (it's a Colt, look at their DAO .380's). The trigger couldn't be adjusted and that it had a long pull. Other people said it was okay, except for the trigger. Someone mentioned it a buddy used it for a match and it broke on the second match?!

Harley, I'm trying to find out "the truth"...if there is such a thing....
* What is the trigger pull (in pounds)? Did Colt publish it in the owner's manual?
* Can it be adjusted? (If so, I'd like it to be about 4.5-5 pounds, like a Glock?)
* Was there a design "problem"? If so, was it fixed in the "later polymer" guns?
* Is it reliable (jams, feed problems, so on...basically, is it a gun that one would bet their life on?)? Was the jamming due to the use of reloads?
* What's the going price of a NIB 2000 w/ 2 mags and the "original" box & stuff? (Ball park guess....)

I'm asking all this since I'm looking for a 9mm, (my other 9mm is KIA) and I guess I wanted to be "different". But I'd like one that's "good".....I don't want a lemon.

Well, thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this stuff.

Kaliburz
-PS Harley, the info will play a "large" role on if I decide to get one...saw a NIB on a site. Bad thing it's an auction site....can you get the info in 72 hours? Sorry, but you're my last resort. Couldn't dig up enough info myself.....Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Kaliburz (edited October 17, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 8 queries