View Single Post
Old March 2, 2005, 12:06 AM   #28
itgoesboom

Some of you might laugh, but I used to consider my .357 blackhawk my negative reinforcment for gang bangers, specifically because of the noise.

Follow me on this. I usually shot 38spcl loads, and occasionally .357 mag loads when I went to the indoor range, but I kept a few boxes of Cor-Bon 110gr .357 mags in the range bag. Anyone who has ever shot these can vouch that they are loud, especially for the people in the lanes next to you. Because of that, I rarely shot with them, unless their were gang bangers in the lane next to me.

In that case, I would wait until one of them was mid way through a string of fire, and I would let one loose, and that usually would send their next shot way ofcourse. After that I would try to time my shots so they would be fired just before the gangbanger pulled the trigger. Inevitably this caused the banger to develop a nice flinch. I would do this until the banger could barely hit the backstop. It sometimes took a whole box, even 2 occasionally, but it always worked like a charm.

I figure anything that I could do to help make bangers have worse marksmanship is worthwhile.

Because of that noise though, I wouldn't want to let one loose in an enclosed space without hearing protection.

I.G.B.

Page generated in 0.03616 seconds with 8 queries