View Single Post
Old September 3, 2013, 11:23 AM   #43
johnwilliamson062

As high as I see SKSs advertised, the ones I have seen selling are lower. True of many guns. I have one listed at ridiculous prices regularly. Costs me nothing beyond deleting a few rude e-mails and maybe someone will come along and buy it someday. I wouldn't sell it for what it is "worth" though. When I have sold guns with ammunition the ammunition usually brings about half retail. Same for almost every accessory. If I want to sell it separately and it is a big enough lot I can get maybe 80%. Usually several hundred rounds minimum. People don't want to drive to meet someone for a $10 savings. In addition one hardly knows how old the ammo is or how it was stored.

In January I had a few hundred rounds of 40SW I would never shoot. Thought it was a good time to unload it. I thought it was a good time to sell it. Offered it for pre-panic retail. No one wanted it. Only sold it when I was going the same place as someone who wanted it so neither of us had to drive. If you post your price and items here I am sure some will comment. PM me if you prefer.

I have an SKS and a K31
A hipoint and a Kahr T9
A Mossberg and an Italian folding single shot
A Colt revolver and a Glock.
In all of those cases thee are situation where I would pick one over the other.
90% of my want list is 22lr copies of a very broad variety of guns. Every 22lr copy out there more or less.

I am at the young end of the shooting community and probably even the young end of this internet forum.

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries