View Single Post
Old August 10, 2009, 05:47 PM   #211
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMarksman
Now, in Florida, had the glass been broken, the display of a weapon, and even it's use, might well have been justified. Lay opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildalaska
Under the facts as exactly related by the OP, glass breaks, use of weapon justified.
Seriously? But not simply pounding on it in an attempt to break it? Guys, Herculite is not that hard to break. Unfortunately, I'm 2 for 2 in trying it for strength with my fist. Somehow I don't believe justification depends on the strength of a particular sidelight.

How about he punches it, it shatters, and he stands there dumbfounded and says, "I didn't really mean to break it!" Still justified?

As I said in a previous post, intentions can change. Sounds like this guy was properly deflated when a gun was pointed at him. It was probably his adrenaline high saying "shoot me!" And it was his coming down and common sense not taking it any further than that. Nobody can say he wouldn't have escalated if the OP would have just remained passive.

Page generated in 0.02852 seconds with 8 queries