View Single Post
Old April 18, 2017, 09:13 AM   #19
dogtown tom

Quote:
rep1954 I have seen that some folks use their Ruger Chargers in a modified thumb hole rifle stock. The fore end is modified accordingly to the barrel length and the stock is shortened just to leave enough length for a cheek weld. When I shoot my AR pistols I use a 3 point contact (support hand, grip and trigger hand, and a cheek weld) and do very well with it. In fact quite well for no shoulder contact sitting at a bench. At what point would adding such a device to a pistol be considered a rifle stock?
At the point where ATF says...."that's a shoulder stock".

I had a local police officer bring an AR "pistol" in to have me ship out. I refused because he had built his own version of a Sig Arm brace and attached it. While the Sig brace has a determination letter, that doesn't mean lookalikes are covered as well.

Anyone who thinks they are outwitting ATF better be prepared for the consequences. While you may eventually beat the rap....you never beat the ride. Ask yourself which is cheaper......paying a $200 tax stamp for an SBR or $10-20,000 for your attorneys fees.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02313 seconds with 8 queries