View Single Post
Old February 29, 2012, 12:12 AM   #19
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast
Basic Pistol, Personal Defense Inside the Home and Firearm Safety. I took my instructor course last year in Columbus, Ohio. There was no shooting requirement....
There's no shooting requirement for Firearms Safety. I became certified in Basic Handgun a very long time age, but we did shoot.

And to get certified for Personal Protection Inside the Home, we first took the underlying class and then went through the instructor's portion, alternately playing the role of a student and acting as an instructor for the various portions. So shooting was involved there as well.

It's true that there is no "requirement" insofar as one would be scored. But one must shoot to be properly certified, and if a Training Counselor decided that a candidate could not handle a gun properly or could not shoot with some acceptable level of skill, he would not have to certify the candidate.

So I can not believe that anyone could be properly NRA certified for either Basic Handgun or Personal Protection Inside the Home without first having satisfied that the Training Counselor that he could handle a gun and shoot it decently. And if somehow someone did, I wouldn't consider him qualified as an instructor.

Page generated in 0.03069 seconds with 8 queries