View Single Post
Old August 10, 2011, 03:56 PM   #25
Antique Shooter

Yes, I judge people by the shotguns they carry. There is a difference for me though when hunting rather than target shooting.

For target shooting, I absolutely hate seeing those multi thousand dollar giant ribbed trap guns. That tells me A. that the people shooting them have nothing better to spend their money on than a gun they shoot maybe once a week, or B. that you can't shoot good enough with a regular shotgun, or C., they just want to look like they know what they are doing. I think they forget no matter how much more their gun costs, my gun can do just as good as their's can. (Shotguns arn't rifles, you can't control where each pellet hits)

For hunting on the other hand, I absolutely hate seeing Junk guns, at least for upland/small game. I know I said before, a shotgun is a shotgun and any shotgun can kill as well as mine, but there are shotguns I can't stand seeing when hunting upland birds. Some of the guns I hate seeing while walking down a pheasant field are, New pump actions, Synthetic, Camo(especially spray paint camo), wood that looks like particle board, New Semi Auto's, synthetic, camo, ugly wood(laminated). You just don't hunt upland with with guns like that, it's just not right! I'm not a huge fan of any pump action shotgun, but a model 12, or 97 would be fine and a Remington 1100, or browning A5 would be fine.

Something else that I hate seeing when hunting upland is CAMO clothing. Again, it just doesn't look right. Especially military camo, I hate seeing that when hunting anything.

So if your ever hunting South Central Pennsylvania, and see someone small game hunting that looks like their from the early 1900's, that would be me. I'll be wearing my tan cotton duck small game jacket, matching brush pants, 16 inch Bean Boots, and a tan and blaze Winchester hat. That is what an upland bird hunter should look like. Oh yea, the gun I'll be carrying will have 2 barrels, and the stock will be made of real wood, imagine that!

Antique Shooter

Last edited by Antique Shooter; August 10, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.02190 seconds with 8 queries