View Single Post
Old August 7, 2017, 09:27 AM   #9
hdwhit

Quote:
Ohio Guy wrote:
Yet I still get differing advice.
Does anyone offering that advice have any well-controlled experiments, studies published in peer-reviewed journals or the like to back it up?

The militaries of the United States, Canada and Europe as well as some of the larger police forces in those areas have invested a great deal studying human reactions under stress, shooting under stress and the techniques that work best for the majority of people. These tests are generally published in peer-reviewed professional journals of the fields of psychology, sociology and anthropology. Older editions of these magazines are generally available for low to no cost on journals' websites.

Questions such as:

Quote:
Everyone seems to agree that the body's natural response is to (a) keep both eyes open during a stressful event and (b) remain focused on the threat. Some claim it's likely not even possible to force yourself to change this...
whether this is an innate response, whether it can be altered through training and what sort of training is effective in making the change will be authoritatively addressed in these sorts of publications.

I could tell you that you should train using the technique of, say, TWO EYES, FRONT SIGHT for all sorts of theoretical reasons (or all sorts of reasons that would make you want to enroll in my paid training class), but if the biology and clinical experience say that once the adrenaline hits no amount of training will shift you from actually being focused TWO EYES, TARGET (or whatever the biology really does), then what would be the point?

Learn about the science and then you will be in a position to adapt your training regime to what the science tells you.

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries