View Single Post
Old August 6, 2017, 01:04 PM   #2
FITASC

A lot will depend on YOUR eyes and how well you see, as well as your eye dominance.

Quote:
ONE EYE, FRONT SIGHT: the theory here is basically about retraining your body to focus intently on the front sight and nothing else, with the target blurred in the background, and the non-dominant eye closed so you have only ONE sight and ONE target, and can't become confused by false images that may throw off your aim.
As someone who has become more near-sighted as I age - I have to decide on A wear my distance vision and see the target and have the sights a blur, or B), use my regular eyesight and see the sights clearly and have the targets be visible but somewhat blurry (talking 7-10 yard stuff, not further) Tried with bi-focals; turned into the worst of both worlds......

As someone who shoots more shotgun than anything else, where your bead sights aren't needed as your focus MUST be on the target, I would tend to lean that way and develop a hold of sorts that allows you to almost "point and shoot" - again talking about SD distances, not long range target work. Last time tried that, and while I am sure everyone else here would kick my butt for score, I can keep the shots from various revolvers or semis in the 6" target black I use for practice - which should mean COM hits or close enough to dissuade any further attack. If you can't see your target, how can you hit it? Especially if it is moving.

YMMV
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa

Page generated in 0.02518 seconds with 8 queries