View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 09:05 AM   #18
rodfac

Plus one on Bacardisteve's comments. If you want another cheap but very effective regimen, try Ed's Red; it's home made and was devised by American Riflemans' Dope Bag contributer, Ed Harris. Here's the formula, tho a search on google will give it to you as well:

Equal parts by volume of: Automatic Transmission Fluid Dextron, Kerosene, Acetone, and Paint Thinner (or Turpentine). This will clean well, tho it won't remover copper. For a lubricant, divert a cpl oz. of the ATF and Kerosene. I buy the ingredients in the quart size, and mix them in a Gasoline Can...The old Coleman lantern fuel cans are ideal.

I've used it for all of my short and long guns over the years, and have found that over a period of months of steady use, it seems to reduce the amount of fouling of any type that's left in the bore.

HTH's Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03638 seconds with 8 queries