View Single Post
Old April 7, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Nap12005

Winchester 1892 .32-20 SN#8624

I inherited a Winchester model 1892 about a year ago, but I just looked into what kind of treasure it really is. I've done a ton of internet research and the differences in price between websites and guns is very confusing. I have called and talked to several gun dealers/buyers and they all told me look on the internet. From what I gathered the gun is in good condition. Although, I don't know how to measure the percentage of original blueing and stock.

The rifle is a Winchester model 1892 with a 4 digit SN#, which would make it a first year model. It is the basic sporting rifle in .32-20 caliber. It has a 24" full octagon barrel and has original front and rear sights as far as I can tell and many of the markings which identify it from that year. It does have some rust but it is a light dust with no apparent pitting. There is also some evidence that the screws in the receiver have been removed since the rest of the gun aged. The action functions very smoothly and the gun fires true.

I am hoping somebody can help me narrow down the value of this particular Winchester, or can at least point me in the direction of someone that can. I have several photos and will email them upon request.

Thanks,
NEIL

Page generated in 0.02790 seconds with 8 queries