View Single Post
Old October 24, 2011, 10:10 PM   #5
DeerSlayer86

I love Leupold and have always used them...until I looked through a zeiss. On a rifle I bought earlier this year I went through the same thing. What made my decision easy was looking through both side by side at dusk. I went to a nearby Cabelas and asked the outfitter if I could compare them in natural light. No comparrison. I was extremely dissaplinted in the difference. Wasn't even close. And the rear focus on the zeiss is so much easier for field use vs the Leupold. On a 44mm obj zeiss the glass was so much better than the vx3, it was brighter than the 50mm Leupold. Once you compare the two you'll understand and the decision will be easy.

Both scopes have lifetime warranties. Zeiss makes their own glass so their quality control is better. I don't know who makes leupolds glass. Made in America really only means assembled in America. Both are good scopes but keep in mind your comparing leupolds best line vs zeiss entry level scopes. Zeiss is just better glass it's that simple. But if that gold ring around the objective does something for you than just get it. Get what you want and youll probably be happy with it

Last edited by DeerSlayer86; October 25, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.03537 seconds with 8 queries