View Single Post
Old January 28, 2001, 01:06 PM   #4
capbuster

bench setup

Buckskinner as you know you will be needing a scale for reloading and if you plan to do alot of loading especially for handgun you will find a powder measure most necessary.You can get by without a powder measure but I would recommend getting one as soon as you can.You have your press and I suppose the priming device is in place.You will need dies and these can be purchased from any of the leading reloading equipment manufacturers. Most of my dies are RCBS but I also use Lyman,Redding and Lee on my single stage press.You can add additional equipment as you see fit. Buy a good reloading manual.You will find it a great buy and they are loaded with information.I have one from Lyman,Speer, and Hornady.You can also get free reloading pamphletts from the powder companies. The maual will help you with your choice of componets.One other suggestion and please dont take offense. Make sure you lubricate your press from time to time and when not in use cover it to keep out dust. I have an old sown up blue jean pants leg pulled over my press. Also keep your dies clean and oiled. You will wipe the oil off before use and clean and reoil when finished. I learned this the hard way. you also might consider getting a tumble later on . They make your brass look spiffy and keeps crud out of you dies. good luck._Cliff

Page generated in 0.04779 seconds with 8 queries