View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Dave Kay

Unissued - Enfield No.4 Mk2: what's it worth?

A brief intro about myself; been away from the shooting sport for some time now and after aquiring too many other hobbies and years gone by, I've decided to maybe sell some of my gun collection.

The only firearm I ever bought as an "investment" (17 years ago) is this No.4 Mk 2 which is still sealed in cosmoline and paper wrapped. I figure I'm never gonna' unwrap it and make it a shooter, so what the heck, maybe I can find it a good home. Can't swear that it DOES NOT have import stamps because only the serial number has been exposed. And this is something I'm curious about, how can I tell if it is--- or isn't--- import stamped unless I unwrap some more?

It also has an as issued blade bayonet and scabbard also cosmoline-wrapped and it's a UF 55 AXXXX serial number. (no, it's NOT Irish Contract rifle) Anyway, a gun-dealer friend says he can get minimum $500 retail/consignment for the rifle. Meanwhile, I'm seeing online auctions where guys are asking a lot more for UNWRAPPED No.4 Mk2 models and prices seem all over the map. Can anybody here point me the right direction about these model Enfields and what they're really worth? Would be much appreciated.

All comments are welcome and thanks for reading my post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2198.JPG (214.7 KB, 526 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2205.JPG (171.6 KB, 388 views)

Page generated in 0.03347 seconds with 9 queries