View Single Post
Old April 20, 2010, 02:10 PM   #30
.22lr

its YOUR home.

I think the original poster (OP) did well. The OP was under no requirement to entertain this person's attempt to solicit on his property.

I ran into a similar thing, the seller acted in a manner which made me suspicious of his intentions (Hint: only ask "may I come inside" ONCE!).

The main thing to remember is to listen to your gut. A few months ago, I didn't, and I was harmed both physically and financially for it:

There was a young woman (I'd guess about 10-12 years of age) who appeared on my doorstep in a quazi military (militia maybe?) uniform. I noted that this particular jackbooted thug was well adorned with many patches and insignia. Using mind tricks that I cannot understand, this doe eyed recon type (she said she was a "scout" of some sort) emptied my wallet and made me 5 Lbs heavier! It was "wanna buy some cookies mister?" and then everything was a haze. I have since realized that she was in the drug trade... apparently "Thin Mints" are chocolate covered cocaine. I was immediately hooked and box after box of those narcotic confectionaries were devoured, my drug addled mind unable to stop myself. As bad as the addiction was, the detox was worse... I tracked down the organization and tried to order more "cookies" but the heartless bastards told me they only come around once a year! I spent several long sleepless nights trying to overcome my demons, but to no avail... What started with Thin Mints led to Oreos, M&Ms and recently "Peeps". With the help of my loving wife whose words of support carried me through ("who ate all the damn cookies?", "stop being a baby" and "just shut up already!") I was able to kick most of the habit.

But PLEASE remember, if one of these "girl Scouts" approaches your door, take all necessary defensive measures, and DO NOT BUY THE COOKIES! At least don't but the Thin Mints, those are all MINE!

VR

Matt

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 8 queries