View Single Post
Old March 18, 2008, 02:06 PM   #17
M1911

1. I want the instructor to demonstrate it to me, live fire. Part of the way people learn is by watching. If you can't put it in the X-ring on demand, then you shouldn't be instructing.

2. Don't tell me "this is the only right way to do X." Instead, give me the alternatives, tell me the advantages/disadvantages of each and give me your recommendation. For example, some schools teach that the only way to charge the chamber during an emergency reload is to cycle the slide. Ayoob teaches you how to do it by cycling the slide, how to do it using the slide stop, the arguments for each method, his recommendation, and then tells you to pick one way and stick with it. Guess which instructor I respect more?

3. I expect the instructor to maintain a safe shooting line and to take swift and severe disciplinary action against a student when necessary.

4. Don't spend a lot of time pontificating and telling war stories. I came to learn, not watch you buff up your ego.

5. Send me home with a list of drills, so that I can maintain some of the skills that I learned in class.

Page generated in 0.02472 seconds with 8 queries