View Single Post
Old October 13, 2006, 03:45 PM   #6
Alakar

Quote:
Is it possible to mount an RCBS Uniflow powder measure on top of a Lee powder through expander pistol die? Does someone make a thread adaptor for that?
I've rigged up something just like that. I use it with a single stage Lee press though.

I used the flat mounting plate that came with the Uniflow. Threaded a 12(?) inch piece of 1/2 inch black gas line pipe into it (The threads match), and added a jam nut on top of it to tighten it up. I then mounted it to my bench using a floor passthrough gas line plate from Home Depot. The plate is round, and mounts to my bench with screws. I also drilled a recess into the bench where the pipe comes through the plate for stablility. I mounted the Uniflow on the unthreaded end of the plate with jam nuts above and below. It sits about 3 inch's above the Powder Through Expander die, which lets me use the funnel in the die. With the funnel, there is no need for a perfect line up.

It works well and isn't hard to put together.

Page generated in 0.02215 seconds with 8 queries