View Single Post
Old August 30, 2006, 09:13 AM   #24
Lurper

Quote:
I have never seen or heard of Col. Cooper throwing a hissy fit worthy of a 13 year old girl at a target shooting match over a mistake HE made.....
If you've never seen Cooper throw a fit, then you haven't been around him much.
You also have obviously not seen many of the other professional shooters shoot because all of the ones I mentioned shoot stock guns all the time. Their skill is the same whether it is with a stock gun or any other gun. That is also why I filmed the video I linked in the previous post with a stock gun. If I had a nickel for every time someone said "if I had _________ like you, I'd be that good too" I'd be as rich as Buffet. Insert your choice of the following in the blank: equipment, gun, job, sponsor, time, money, (or the correct answer) drive and desire. It is fairly common for those less skilled to attribute the success of others to their equipment. It makes them feel better about their own lack of drive to achieve a such a high level of success.

As far as your 'hissy fit" incident is concerned, I am not exactly certain what you refer to. But you obviously do not follow practical shooting closely or you would know that there are different classes. Rob, Todd, myself and many other top shooters shoot Open, Limited and single stack class. Limited and single stack do not allow optics or compensators. Single stack guns are virtually stock with only minor modifications allowed. Oddly, Rob and Todd usually win those matches too. You can say what you want, you can talk about their personalities (you really shouldn't unless you know them personally), you can complain about their equipment and fantasize about their survivabilty on your streets, but in the end these guys are still the best shooters in the world.

One thing we can agree on though is that Jerry Miculek is an exceptional shooter and human being.

Page generated in 0.02087 seconds with 8 queries