View Single Post
Old July 4, 2012, 01:39 PM   #20
Pond, James Pond

It was quite a lengthy OP!!

The .38 is a Spanish 680 six shot snub that came with far too good a price to pass up!! On the few occassions I have carried that has been it!

I am going to climb the reloading learning curve nice and gently, so I have no problem sticking to starting and mdeium loads right now.

Certainly, later, when I feel more confident in reloading, I will looking into getting some N110, which is what the Lyman's recommends, or the N105 detailed in the bullet manufacturer's pages.

They offer a 300gr monster that I'd like to have a go at. These are the same trucnated cone, HS (see below) bullet types. For those, my VV manual quotes data for 300gr Sierra JSP bullets or 300gr Hornady HP-XTP bullets. I'd be interested to know which people would advise I use when loading up my own fairly hot loads in the future!!

Addendum: I've just found what "HS" stands for: High Speed! These bullets are copper-plated with a further plastified friction reducing coat!! Allegedly increases velocity and reduces deposits in the barrel!

Last edited by Pond, James Pond; July 4, 2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: apostrophe, oh apostrophe where for art thou...

Page generated in 0.02483 seconds with 8 queries