View Single Post
Old December 10, 2007, 04:44 PM   #15
DensityMan

Does anyone have any links or anecdotes to provide on the performance of the Lightning replicas (especially the Uberti) using "hunting loads" in 45 cal.?

Most everything I've been able to find has been focused solely on cowboy shooting using only cowboy (low powered) loads...

I am fascinated with the Lightning replicas and have had a chance to man-handle both the Uberti and the Taurus; but have not had a chance to fire either, nor have I found anyone locally with any knowledge of their tolerances. For my money the action, fit and styling of the Uberti beat the Taurus, but it is also twice the price. To be fair, the fit was a close race, but the finish tipped the scale to Uberti. /shrug

It's been guessed at by the local gun guru that the Lightning replica could handle the Winchester 225 gr. Super-X® Silvertip® Hollow Points, but looking for a little confirmation. I want to take advantage of Indiana's newly loosened rifle/cartridge laws next season AND play with it at SASS events; so just looking to make sure it isn't made simply for show and able to handle 225-250 gr. loads for hunting deer.

Thanks,

DM

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries