Thread: Shot Placement?
View Single Post
Old April 2, 2005, 09:18 AM   #24
Double Naught Spy

Capt Charlie, your friend's tac tac theory sounds interesting, but doesn't seem to follow reality, at least not with pistol rounds. In many cases, multiple hits fail to register quickly in the bad guy's mind. Heck, he may not even realize he has been shot more than once. He may go into shock from blood loss, but in the time it may take for that to happen, he can still be fighting and killing.

I don't know the literature that says multiple impacts, close together in time, confuse the body and cause it to go into shock. I think your rangemaster is referring to hydrostatic shock, but that is something not likely to be accomplished with handgun ammo.

Your rangemaster's tac tac is called a double tap. Tac tac and one to the head is called a Mozambique or failure to stop drill. Do you know why it is called a failure to stop drill? Simple, if the first two shots have not dropped the guy, then more than likely more shots to the body are not going to produce the desired result any time soon. The guy may be walking dead, surviving on adrenaline, still fighting. Or, he may have on body armor. Either way, additional shots to the body aren't likely to get the immediate result desired, hence the follow-up of going to the head. Of course, by going to the head, it is necessary to get a CNS shot that does significant damage to the brain, brain stem, or upper spinal cord.

Do you think you can get your rangemaster to muster together the medical literature on how his tac tac creates shock.

Page generated in 0.02652 seconds with 8 queries