View Single Post
Old July 25, 2007, 09:06 PM   #159
gcfennell

!!!

Thanks iii for your post and please allow me to iterate a few points.

First, the small sample bottles are made of a quality pvc which, due to its small size or short size, causes one to have to use a bit of pressure and this is intentional. WS-CLP goes a LONG way and not much is needed under the 3 aspects of usage. If we were to have used a softer HDPE material, then it would more than likely have gushed out and loss would have been a big issue (seeing how there is but only 1 ounce in there). These 1 ouncers are primarily meant for sliding into the bands of a soldiers' assault vest and/or flak jacket along with being small enough to carry an ample amount for the shooter's bag, where the 4 and 16 ouncers more suited for the bench. Also, we will have our vertical pump sprayers for both the 1 and 4 ouncers in a week or so. This eliminates the need to squeeze in the future.

Thinning it with solvent is really "working against the grain" so to speak. I formulated WS-CLP to be solvent/volatile free and non-toxic, while still having the surface spread characteristics and cleaning ability of a solvent, in fact BETTER than most solvents. It's all a little game that we all suffer from that the mind plays on us when we have been so perpetually conditioned to something for so long. The mind says subconsciously ("RESIST") and we sometimes do. Next time you shoot, try something for me, if you will iii...clean the weapon with BF until you know its good and clean. THEN, taking a wet patch with WS-CLP, coat the barrel and allow it to set for 2-5 minutes. Then go back down the bore and see what residual fouling (if any) comes out.

I thank you for your posting !!! and do not view it negatively at all, as a matter of fact I thought it was well written and well balanced. I only felt I needed to express the reason for the firmness of the stout little 1 ouncers and answer your inquiry about the "thinning" part of the report.

Once again, thank you iii and best regards,
George
http://www.steelshieldtech.com

Last edited by gcfennell; July 26, 2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: iii not !!! :-)

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 8 queries