View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 04:12 PM   #72
larryh1108

This discussion sheds light on the current national discussion. There is a lot of "confusion" on what we can or can't do or actually what we should or should not do.

I am not in any favor of any type of government gun control laws. Any involvement on their level is too much and really messes up something very simple and just. They get involved, we get screwed, pure and simple.

This brings the pressure to us, the gun community. Private sales have been around since we've been on this land. It is part of who we are. I don't believe any one here would knowingly sell to a mentally disturbed or someone with a record of violence but there are those out there who don't care and just want the money. The criminal element also knows that private sales only involves a lie about being prohibited from owning a firearm and I'm pretty sure they have the lying part down pat. So, we have the bad gun sellers and the bad gun buyers getting together to make a sale.

However, there is an element in society who don't care about laws and have no desire to follow them and some are legal gun owners and some are prohibited gun owners and it is no different than society as a whole. Legislating private gun sales is to prevent the very few from doing wrong but as we've seen with all the laws already in place it won't matter to the prohibited buyer. if he wants a gun he will find a gun. The black market has plenty of them. We should not pay for the crimes of a few here or anywhere else. Enforce the laws in the books now and leave the rest of us alone.

Page generated in 0.03672 seconds with 8 queries