View Single Post
Old January 8, 2007, 06:21 PM   #21
Baba Louie

Quote:
Tell me what you guys think about the way I handled this situation, and what you think you might have done instead.....
You did just fine. Helps knowing a few of the local po-po and the ones you did backed you up as well. Always nice to be able to talk guns with someone else (your HK compact & cop). Always nice to be able to talk about it afterwards with no attorneys or correctional officers present.

Talk to your GF about opening her door to strangers and how it's not always a wise move (I'm sure she gets the point now). Good thing you were so close nearby or else she might have a lifetime subscription to Ebony.

Was he selling any subscriptions to SWAT?

Quote:
Now I'm no expert on the law, but I felt like I had every right to level my pistol at this guy and demand that he leave immediately.
Maybe not an expert, but you might want to KNOW the applicable laws and follow Lawdog's advice on knowing a good attorney if your response is handgun oriented...

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/

Sure would put a damper on your life (not to mention salesman's or GF's) if 6
+ lbs of pressure were applied.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.03135 seconds with 8 queries