View Single Post
Old January 29, 2010, 02:33 PM   #21
lambertsteeth

Lots of great advice given to you already. As a guy who started shooting pumpguns. Once you get accustomed to the pump action, you do it without even knowing you are working the action. A pump would be a great first gun. If you want something other than a pump, I suggest an auto. The reason I recommend an auto is you can put at least three shells in it. This gives you the ability to hunt with an extra shell, over an o/u. If you do resell the gun, it also gives you a little wider group of guys to sell it to. Many hunters want a gun with the third round.
O/u s are generally more reliable than an auto, but are generally more expensive, when you compare guns of equal quality.
As far as the Spartan line goes. I shot with a guy who had his about three months. Had quite a bit of trouble with it. This from a o/u, which are usually very reliable. Like anything, some are good, some are bad right out of the box. This is the only one I've ever seen in the field though. There may be ten thousand sold without a problem.

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 8 queries