View Single Post
Old November 27, 2002, 10:38 PM   #4
Pvt. Joker

Thanks for the reply guys...

I was worried about the scope/sight problem. The 740 I used has the see through rings, and its hard to get a good cheek weld. It too has a 2-7 scope on it it. I think this is ideal for where I hunt. Most of the time under 100 yards, but the ocasional long shot. I used to think the more scope the better, but I am finally coming down off that bandwagon.

Now I need to decide if I want/need the B.O.S.S. (happy? ) or not. What is the difference between the B.O.S.S. and the B.O.S.S. CR?

I guess I am always worried about knocking the scope off, and missing the buck of a lifetime. How much force does it take to knock a good scope off? I was thinking along the lines of a Leupold. Any model suggestions?

As far as the shot gun, I've got a Browning Gold Hunter Auto with walnut, that would look killer sitting next to a BAR w/walnut.

I also like the idea of the .300 WSM, what is the recoil considerable to? 30.06? I am a bigger guy (6'4" 220lbs) so it shouldn't really be an issue.

Thanks guys! Off for four more days of gun hunting. Its the tail end of our 9 day hunt here in Wisconsin.

-Jared

Page generated in 0.02080 seconds with 8 queries