View Single Post
Old July 10, 2021, 05:49 PM   #7
hounddawg

Quote:
The biggest concern I have is knowing the variability, e.g. that graph with the two divergent seating-force curves. Trying to blind the shooter as to which two shots will be their "flyers" will be impossible if they assembled the ammunition themselves, and they will go into the session expecting those bullets to misbehave. .
I have no clue as to what you are trying to say here

If I were to buy one the first thing I would do is load ten rounds. Just using some numbers as an example if 9 of those ten had fairly flat curves between 25 - 30 psi and the tenth spiked to 50 psi I would mark the case accordingly. Then the question is would that 50 psi group with the other nine or would the POI be high, low or to the side.

What I am waiting for is F Class John to do some real world tests to see how much variances in seating pressure make on the POI. If it turns out to be a significant amount I will consider buying one just for seating my match rounds.

I shot a match today and as far as my vertical POI went I was pleased with the results. After 60 shots my only 9's were on the horizontal not the vertical and to me indicates they were not a reloading problem, they were wind reading issues.

What I have proven to myself at least is having cases with differing amounts of work hardening will cause flyers. To me that does indicate that different neck tension can cause problems.

Last edited by hounddawg; July 10, 2021 at 05:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.02060 seconds with 8 queries