View Single Post
Old May 6, 2007, 10:33 PM   #17
douglasschuckert

LLC's......

I have an LLC that I have all my NFA registered to. A little know fact is that it is not *just* the officers in the LLC than can have possission. If one of the officers issue a "responsible person" letter along with a copy of the F4, anyone employed by the corporation or designated as a holding party can legally posses the item/shoot it at will.

The same goes for when you leave your suppressor with a friend while your away, a "responsible person" letter is allowable. I would recomend the corp or person also file a 5320.20 letting the ATF officially know of what is happening. But there are *NO* required storage requirements levied by the BATF&E for storage. Most people think that if you leave it with someone, they cannot have access to the item. This is incorrect. They can access and shoot the item in question as long as its on a temporary basis. This has to be outlined in the "Responsible Person" letter. Otherwise it could be misconstruded as a 'transfer', and the ATF really gets their panties in a wad if someone 'transfers' NFA without the F4 Tax being paid.

LLC's and trusts are a very good way of getting around A$$-hole CLEO's that abuse their authority. I just wish the ATF would coyboy the F&C@ up and come down on the CLEO's illegal activity.

To any measure, I strongly suggest you call your *local* ATF office and WRITE THEM (as a followup) and find out what that SAIC's views are on storage of NFA is. Afterall its that person's personal views that decide if you get charged with a violation. Unfortunetly the law is written (intentionally) so that it can be interpreted to mean whatever the hell they want it to mean for that moment. For us military/exmilitary types, its like the UCMJ.

Page generated in 0.03746 seconds with 8 queries