View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 04:32 PM   #10
bedbugbilly

I don't know if I'm fully understanding what the OP is trying to do - but these were designed (if I am remembering correctly - or at least ones made years ago) with a spur on the trigger guard to use you other hand to support the carbine when firing. It isn't so much the side flash of the individual charge going off - if you are firing it with the standard method of loading it (i.e. like a cap and ball pistol - not a cartridge conversion) you run the risk as with any C & B revolver of a "chain fire". If you have a hand in front of that cylinder and it chain fires, you probably are going to suffer some substantial damage to your hand - not to mention the possible loss of fingers. Keep your hands where they belong - behind the cylinder. The loading lever is not intended to be used as a "forearm".
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.04579 seconds with 8 queries