View Single Post
Old December 29, 2005, 11:01 AM   #8
The British Soldier

I think shooting automatic weapons is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! The higher the rate of fire the better, and the larger the magazine capacity the better!

I tried out, once, that old cliche of cutting a tree down with an FN Minimi [you guys call it a SAW]; two of us each put a 200-round belt into the tree, which was about 24" diameter. It was a lot of fun and a great way to unwind - we had a ton of ammunition on that jungle trip! Did it fall - no! We had to wade across a shallow river and give it a kick, then it came down and formed a nice bridge over a river we had to wade across daily!

The guys with us were quite pleased afterward - we were a bit dissapointed, but that's another Hollywood shooting myth exploded. How often do you see someone give a tree a quick burst from an M16 and it falls over!

FN Para-Minimi would be my choice. You can shoot it like a rifle or get it on the bipod to really do some damage. That hydraulic buffer stabilises the rate of fire and really adds to the controllability.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains
And the women come out to cut up what remains
Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling.

Page generated in 0.03287 seconds with 8 queries