Thread: Taurus Quality
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Cards_fan

Taurus Quality

I know this topic has been discussed in depth in various threads but I thought I would share my experience. Being a Smith and Wesson fan and knowing Taurus's reputation and quality control issues I have always stayed from their products. However about six months ago a friend of mine was looking to sell a Taurus 941. Being as he was in need of the cash and was offering it at a price I couldn't pass up I took it off his hands. While I will agree the action is not as crisp or smooth as it could be it has served as a great knock around gun. I have put countless rounds through it with zero problems despite my not babying it as much as my Smiths. It even got me out of a pinch when a rabid dog got around the house and I couldn't get to anything else in time. I agree that it may not be the Cadillac of revolvers and I won't be using it as a regular carry gun but I think Taurus is nothing to scoff at either. Perhaps it's just hit or miss with their products but I must say it has far surpassed my expectations. Maybe some of you who have more experience with them can share your experiences as well.

Page generated in 0.02014 seconds with 8 queries