View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 03:26 PM   #15
1stmar

You guys can pontificate all you want about jmb's design and how any change is unecessary..fact is everyone has different purposes for their guns. I have everything from a carry officers to safe queens to competition guns... There is no single answer. I have used recoil buffers, flgr, extended mag releases, mag wells, ambi thumb safeties, grip safeties, bull barrels and much more.. They all have purpose in the right gun for the right use. Do buffers work? I don't know, I have over 25000 reliable rounds through one of my guns and have never had a problem with one. I don't have a problem with recoil, but when competing ill take any edge I can get, including a harts recoil reducing guide rod and a buffer. As I previously said, they don't belong in a carry gun, but that doesn't make them evil, useless or a waste. I love jmb designs, but 1911s are being used in ways I'm sure jmb never dreamed of, if he had, maybe he would have changed the sights or something. You can't tell the beaver tail grip safety is not an improvement. There's always room for improvement, even on jmb designs.

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 8 queries