View Single Post
Old August 29, 2012, 05:18 PM   #26
Lost Sheep

Sevens

I completely agree with you about the buttons and brains of the unit. I quit trying to use the programming of the Chronograph and just record the readings by hand next to the load data and use a spreadsheet to do the heavy calculating.

Cardboard shortage? I don't think so. I believe they are trying to make the shipping/storage as compact as possible for the convenience of their customers. It may be misguided, but I give them points for trying. I don't have any trouble fitting the unit back into the shipping box. But nesting the plastic diffusers to make it fit is like a puzzle. So I don't bother.

I keep my Chrony in a hard-sided plastic case. For two reasons. One, the plastic is more durable than the cardboard. Two, the case also contains the insurance for my Chrony.

My Chrony wears armor as insurance. Two pieces of 11" long channel iron sit atop and in front of my sensor unit. This stuff has been tested (without the Chrony beneath it) with a 500 Smith Buffalo Bore (at a low angle, of course) and came through with a barely detectable skid mark as the only evidence of the shooting. If someone happens to shoot low, it may knock things off the platform, but is very unlikely to do any damage.

Good luck with yours.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.04651 seconds with 8 queries