Thread: Best brass
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Nate Shult

Best brass

Alright let me start out by saying I know Norma and Lapua have really good brass for reloads. I would also like to state that I do not own my own press or any of the components needed for reloading; I do however have a very nice older gentleman I work with who is more than willing to let me use his set up and he has a die set for the caliber I am looking to reload for (.270 Win.). I am looking to do some shooting in the near future with my gun with some factory ammo, and plan on saving the brass for some reloads. What is everyone's opinion between Remington and Federal brass? Am I going to make semi-accurate handloads with either of these casings to at least figure out what my gun like/dislikes for powder/bullets with the brass from either of these companies? Once I get settled I do plan on purchasing some nice brass, but can I get a decent load out of either of these casings, or should I just start out right from the beginning with some really good brass? Thanks for the help guys I appreciate any advice you can give to a new guy.

Page generated in 0.03206 seconds with 8 queries