Thread: Camo
View Single Post
Old February 11, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4
Jack O'Conner

I have an opinion about camo clothing that goes against mainstream marketing and consumer buying trends. Anyone is allowed to disagree, but please let's be polite with each other.

Dan'l Boone killed more deer in his lifetime than any of us can (legitimately) in 10 lifetimes. He wore tan and brown leather hunting shirts and dark woolen trousers. Chuck Adams, the famous archer, holds more P & Y big game records than anyone. Yet for most of these hunts he wore a woolen black and green hunting shirt and black watch cap. Larry Benoit and his sons have taken more large bodied trophy deer than anyone I know of. Yet for most of these hunts they wore woolen black and green hunting shirts and plain jeans. My Dad always wore a woolen black and red plaid jacket for his hunts. Dad told me that the plaid pattern is confusing to animals and they DO NOT recognize it as a threat.

Movement scares game. Especially quick movement. I suggest dark or grey clothing that is quiet and comfortable. Camo patterns are just another marketing gimmick unless we're discussing turkey or waterfowl hunting. That is a different matter.
Jack

Page generated in 0.03121 seconds with 8 queries